Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions of Entry allow Multiple Sclerosis Limited (MSL) ABN 66 004 942 287 to operate the MS Event. By registering to participate in the event you accept and agree to be bound by these entry terms. If the participant is under 18 a parent or guardian must read the Terms & Conditions and accept on their behalf.
1. Wellbeing & SafetyAll entrants are required to complete the entry form and pay the entry fee.
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the event.
You should seek medical advice to ensure you are fit to participate . It is your responsibility to have suitable food and any medication that you require with you at all times.
First aid will be available at the event. Should you require ambulance transport to hospital it will be at your own expense.
Participants accept they are responsible for their personal belongings during the event. Valuable items should not be left without supervision, as no liability will be accepted for loss or damage of personal belongings.
Participants are not covered by Multiple Sclerosis Limited for injuries or damage if an accident occurs.
2. RefundsYour entry fees are not refundable if you change your mind or are no longer able to participate in the event. Nor will fees be refunded if you are denied access or removed from the event for any reason. Your entry is also not transferable to another person or to a future event.
If you inadvertently registered in the incorrect event (such as the Victorian event rather than New South Wales), we will transfer your registration. For assistance please email the MS Events team or call 1300 733 960. You will be required to pay any difference in fees. We cannot change your event options within the week prior to the event starting.
3. MerchandiseHillbrick Custom Cycle and Sportswear is the official merchandise provider for the MS Sydney to the Gong Ride.
Returns Policy: There are no refunds or exchanges on cycling apparel orders if you have simply changed your mind or chosen the wrong size, as all garments are made to order and are not kept in stock.
We have a quality guarantee on all our garments. If the quality of the garment you receive does not meet your expectations we can repair it, replace it or give you a full refund at our discretion. Simply email us at [email protected] and explain the nature of the defect and then send the item back to us within 7 days of receiving.
Delivery: All cycling apparel pieces are custom made to order and are not kept in stock. From when you place your order until your garment is manufactured and ready for delivery, the process takes approximately six weeks.
All parcels are sent via Australia Post (with tracking provided). Parcels will be delivered during normal business hours and can be delivered to Australian PO Boxes. Goods delivered within Australia will take 5-10 business days, from when you receive a shipping confirmation email from us, but can be subject to Australia Post delays for which we cannot be held responsible.
Multiple Sclerosis Limited and Hillbrick Custom Cycle & Sportswear takes no responsibility for lost orders if incorrect address details have been provided. Please make sure your shipping details are correct at the time of order.
4. Cancellation of EventsThere are times when circumstances such as extreme weather conditions require us to cancel an event. We are not liable to the participant for any loss or damage in the event of poor weather before or during the event.
5. PhotographyRoving photographers are present at all MS Events, taking photographs which will be used to promote the event and future fundraising activities. Signage will be displayed at the event to confirm this. Please speak with us if you have any concerns.
6. Traffic & Road LawsParticipants must follow all traffic and road laws including directions by Police, State Road Authority, the event Traffic Management company, event staff and volunteers. For cycling events the participant must wear a cycling helmet that conforms to Australian standards.
7. CopyrightAll material on the event website is protected by copyright unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as permitted in the text on the site. You may not distribute, modify or reuse the contents of the site for public or commercial purposes without the written permission of MS.
8. Privacy & Online SecurityMultiple Sclerosis Limited staff and volunteers understand and respect your right to Privacy and will ensure that we uphold your rights and provide you with information on how we do this. For further information on Privacy, how Multiple Sclerosis Limited protects your rights and manages personal, sensitive and health information, please see:
All financial information pertaining to customers of MS is stored securely in line with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), with no complete bank details retained. Wherever possible we use Westpac merchant facilities.
In some situations we use the assistance of professional financial gateway specialists to assist with financial transactions, for further information on these companies please see their websites:
PayPal - PayFlow Gateway Overview
In these situations we also use the assistance of expert fundraising digital platforms (in line with PCI DSS) which also retain limited information in order to recognise you as a customer:
All information is retained securely for the period of time determined by law and disposed of in a secure manner.
9. Acknowledgement & Waiver1. You acknowledge that involvement in the event is a potentially dangerous activity and that you participate at your own risk.
2. You release MS and its agents from all claims for injury, loss or damage of whatever kind you may suffer in relation to the event.
3. By entering the event you consent to receiving and reading the information about the event. Event communication will primarily be via email. Updated information will be posted on the event website and through social media from time to time.
4. By entering the event MS commits to keep you informed about future opportunities to help people with MS. Occasionally we allow like-minded organisations to contact our supporters with fundraising materials. In return, they help us reach more generous Australians to support our cause.
If you would like to change your communication preferences please contact us via email or phone.